[vdr] vdr crashing ARM, no response

I have a lot of problem with vdr 1.1.16 and 1.1.17. Problem is that I
do not know really what is causing the problems, many times I start up
the computer, and it works as supposed. But after a some time of
recording or using the OSD menus I get outcommand errors and arm crashes,
and when this starts, I have to switch off the computer, and restart,
since I cannot quit vdr and kernel dvb drivers are left hanging.
I have tried to uncomment the two defines in dvbdevice as suggested,
but it still seams very shaky.

I guess this driver, or even more probable, the arm firmware that
causes this, but then this must be quite common? I have seen some
posts about this, but for me, vdr is just unusable as it stands, other
people seem to get along anyway.

Is there any other way to take some relief off the ARM to get less
crashes? Would it be less stress if the video out could be disabled
somehow? I am opting for using the v4l i/f anyway. I have taken away
some of the OSD information, but it did not really make any
difference.
Is it possible to take away the OSD altogether, to see if things
stabilize?

On the good side, CAM works just fine now with the Swedish Comhem
cable provider.

Just using the drivers and czap works fine.

This is on a DVB-C, latest (cvs) drivers.

--

 Micael