[vdr] Re: nvram-wakeup and Elitegroup motherboard

On Sun, 1 Dec 2002, Matthias Raus (MR) wrote:

MR> Hi list,
MR>
MR> I  just  installes  nvram-wakup-package, I think it's excellent, but I
MR> have  still one problem with it: After the time for the next wakeup is
MR> set in the BIOS by nvram-wakeup, my PC will not turn off, neither with
MR> the   "poweroff"   or   "shutdown   -h   now"  command  nor  with  the
MR> PowerOff-kernel  I  installed.  When I remove the wakeup time from the
MR> BIOS  (an AWARD 6.0 BIOS, version 3.2b), the PC switches off again. Is
MR> this  a  BIOS  bug? Or hve I done something wrong?

you can simply check that: just set some wakeup time in your BIOS (without
using   nvram-wakeup)   and   see   if  you  can  shutdown  your  PC  with
shutdown/poweroff.  If  not,  you  may  have  to experiment with different
kernel options (see APM and/or ACPI).

BTW.:  did  you  use  one  of the predefined mainboard settings or did you
create new settings yourself?

c ya
        Sergei
--