[vdr] Re: channels.conf, round 234123748907182390471829340

If memory serves, PCR is the mechanism that is used to help synch the
audio and video.  Many providers place the PCR in with the video, so all
is well, but sometimes the PCR can be on a different PID.  Maybe our
linux-dvb drivers are capable of autofinding the PCR pid even if it is
different than the video pid.  so it is like a clocking reference.

_J

In the new year, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Jeremy Hall wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Why is there no entry in the channels.conf for PCR?
>
> Because VDR doesn't need that?!
>
> What is PCR, anyway? Please forgive me if this is a dumb question...
>
> Klaus
> --
>
> Klaus Schmidinger                       Phone: +49-8635-6989-10
> CadSoft Computer GmbH                   Fax:   +49-8635-6989-40
> Hofmark 2                               Email:   kls@cadsoft.de
> D-84568 Pleiskirchen, Germany           URL:     www.cadsoft.de

From field.