[vdr] Re: second dvb-s card

----- Original Message -----
From: "Emil Naepflein" <Emil.Naepflein@philosys.de>

> I had only problems with IRQs when two DVB-S cards shared the same IRQ.
> Sharing with other PCI cards was never a problem.

Lucky man :-)

I once let a rev2.1 card share it's IRQ with the onboard VGA of an ASUS CUA
mainboard. I don't remember the exact behaviour, but VDR was not usable any
more. Then, i changed it in a way that both of my two DVB cards (rev 2.1 and
1.3) get their own IRQ, and the problem was gone.

> A "cat /proc/interrupts" would be interesting.

uttel@VDR:/ > cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:    8483476          XT-PIC  timer
  1:          2          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  3:       7418          XT-PIC  lirc_serial
  6:    9513418          XT-PIC  saa7146(1)
  8:          2          XT-PIC  rtc
 10:   16878776          XT-PIC  saa7146(2)
 12:    9585666          XT-PIC  eth0
 14:     478465          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:          2          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

Well, this is only the working setup of course.

Christian