[vdr] Re: tosvcd 0.7 question

> Hi Joachim,
>
> what exactly do you mean by "pthread"-library? My rpm didn't find a
> package by that name. Same with rpmfind.net.
> What is the library called?

the library is in /lib and is called libpthread.so.0 (at least on my PC)

> My environment is the following
>
> 1 GHz AMD Duron with RedHat 8.0
>
> mjpegtools are updated to 1.6.0-1 and seem to be running
> fine. My guess
> is that thy are waiting for the YUV4MPEG-header to appear in
> the named
> pipe. because that's what yuvscaler just told me after killing it:
>
> --------------------------------------
> [root@kairo video0]# **ERROR: [yuvscaler] Could'nt read
> YUV4MPEG header!
> **ERROR: [mpeg2enc] Could not read YUV4MPEG2 header: system error
> (failed read/write)!
> --------------------------------------
>
> So probably tosvcd isn't able to generate this header and/or
> can't feed
> it into the pipe.

tosvcd will create that header as soon as it reads the input file (xxx.vdr).
But it
seems that it does not run and therefore not read anything. And it does not
run
because the thread is not scheduled. This may have to do with the pthread
library.

mfg
Joachim