[vdr] Re: Remote recommendations? (UK)

Emil Naepflein wrote:

> > after reading your post I bought the OneForAll  Digital 4 at ebay.
> > It's modell URC-7541. In my manual is no description how to program single buttons,
> > only a complete device code.
> > Do you have a different modell?
> > How do you reprogram single keys?
>
> Der are ultiple possibilities. Either you do it through the Magic key as
> it is described here http://www.hifi-remote.com/wasser/index.shtml .
>
> Or you use the JP1 interface described here
> http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/
>
> I use the Magic key.
>
> Emil

thanks!
I tried both methods, even created an "upgrade device", but that's a bit overkill,
using  the Magic key is much less time consuming.
But now it's there, so if anyone is interested, this is the upgrade device with RC5 code
on each button,
for use with the IR receiver on the DVBs.

E8 00 F0 FE FA FE C1 15 55 00 FC F8 F4 F0 EC E8
E4 E0 DC D8 BC B8 E5 7C 78 CC 55 5C BD B9 A9 A5
A1 B1 4D D0 D4 49 51 45 C1 39 41 79 B5 40 3D C0

BTW the OneForAll  Digital 4 is really nice to use, the buttons go easy and precise.
Jörg