[vdr] Re: performance: vdr and server

> what is the average performance requirement for vdr on a running server?
> Is it feasible or do I need a separate vdr-server. As my server is running
> and consuming power all the day I do not want to buy and run an additional
> PC for vdr.

That depend on the Hardware you use: - www, mail, dialup, dsl is sure not a Problem !

Fileserver could be a problem - but i donīt think so.

I recommend a separate Harddisk for VDR-Recordings and a other one for Your Fileserver.
Bot HDīs to a other Controller on your HArddrive but then i donīt think itīs a Problem.

CU

Axel