[vdr] Slightly OT: How to share two video directories ?

Hello List,
Its more a linux than a vdr question, but the reason it is VDR :-)
I have two VDR machines which are not always turned on, and I want to
see the
recordings of  both machines on both machines.
Both share their video directory, but when I mount it and create a link
in the video directory
that would not work, because of  recursive directories.
Is there a way to hide the mountpoints, or what dio I have to do  ?
Bye
Helmut Auer