[vdr] Best way of viewing using vga i/f?

Hi,

Maybe not an optimal (newbie) question for this list, but;

I use a CRT projector, connected to the VGA interface of the computer,
I am trying to find the optimal way for viewing.

My options seams to be;

1. VDR on a dedicated machine (or perhaps my fileserver), with some
sort of simultaneous multicasting onto network. (How would this be
done best?) Htpc with some v4l stream receiving proggy (Is there any
good?) passing the v4l to tvtime.

2. VDR on my htpc, wich is connected to my crt projector through the
vga connector. This is what I'm trying out now, but it seams that the
v4l i/f of the dvb drivers are not too good, tvtime reports only one
buffer to be availible while it wants more for efficient and more
advanced de-interlacing schemes.

Any thoughts?

thanks,

 Micael