[vdr] Re: MP3/MPlayer plugin 0.7.9 available (plugin development)

Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

>Hi all,
>a new version of my MP3/MPlayer plugin is available from my
>homepage. This release features playback of shoutcast/icecast
>streams (see MANUAL file for setup) and better support for dialup
>networking (see README).
>
>NEWS:
>18.12.2002: Version 0.7.9 plugin development (vdr 1.1.20)
>- Added commandline option to specify a script which is called before & after
>  network access (e.g. for dial-up networking) (suggested by Matthias Raus).

Great, thanks a lot for considering my suggestion!
I just tried to get it working with my ISDN connection, but I did not
succeed. In this version, the CDDB function does not work at all for me,
even with Audio-CD the data of which are already stored in
/var/lib/cddb. When choosing "local & remote" in the settings of this
plugin, the script cddb.sh is started: an internet connection is
established and finished again after 20 sec. I see "CDDB Abfrage" on the
bottom of the screen, but obviously no data are found. Then the CD is
started to be played, but the menu still shows "CDDB Abfrage".
Something is still wrong here; what exactly do I have to write in the
setting entries "CDDB  Server" and "CDDB port"??

Thank you for your help,

Matthias