[vdr] Re: Child protection / access control module

On the day 12/19/2002 09:04 AM Harald Milz scripsit:

> I was just asking about the technical implementation, not about parental
> guidelines.

I currently do exactly the same with a modified ca.conf. The mechanism
is mostly "security by obscurity". This example shows how to do it with
VDR 1.0.x. (hopefuly I did not forget some important step).

First, find a unique private number to put in ca.conf and give it a
confusing name, e.g.:
<ca.conf>
101    Premiere World
102    ORF

# child protection
99     SQRTEXPLOG
</ca.conf>

Second, assign this CA-ID to all channels you want to block for your
children, e.g.:
<channels.conf>
NICK-PARAMOUNT:12246:v:0:27500:167:108:0:99:29312
</channels.conf>
                                          ^^

Now you can only view the blocked channels when you go to the CICAM
configuration menu and assign SQRTEXPLOG to your primary DVB.

HTH,
Andreas