[vdr] Re: PANIC !!! Cant see fta/ca after using ci

Hi Luis,

>No windows at home, I will check on a friends
>win box as soon as I can.

Try it, but from below I (almost) think your
hardware is okay.

>Yes, I see the convergence copyright and

Okay, so the ARM is being initialized and the video
output works. Good news.

>also switch the channels and I can hear the sound
>of the tuner on the switching,

Which would imply that there isn't a hardware
problem, (video works & so does audio)

> but all I get is the name of the channel (always fta
>regardless I have the CI attached or not) and a
>blank screen.

What are you CICAM settings in VDR? Try setting
both to FTA (although this shouldn't make a difference
with FTA channels)

>Can it be aproblem with the firmware

I don't think so, although you could search for a file
named "Root" with a size bigger than 1kByte. You
should only find one (being the firmware), being about
249kByte in size.

Did you perhaps corrupt your channels.conf somehow?
Try the original version which comes with vdr.

Please try to only load the DVB drivers with a
"make insmod". Assuming you are on Astra, you should
then see ntv (w/o having to load vdr)

Greetz,
Reinhard

---