[vdr] Re: VIA C3 800Mhz

On Saturday 21 December 2002 15:54, you wrote:
> [...]

I've a Duron 1,1 Ghz (Morgan-duron) which has quite enough power to do it
(between 50-60 % CPU on most avis) with an enermax-powersupply and an
arctic-cooling Supersilent-pro TC it is quite impossible to hear anything if
tv is on (sometimes the harddisk).

But the C3 800 is maybe comparable to an 600 Mhz CPU (celeron/PIII/athlon
whatever) if it reaches the power. The C3 has nearly no acceleration as the
others, so the C3 533 isn't even enough for playing DVD back on screen (with
DVB-card it is possible to watch DVD with it, because the mpeg2 can be feeded
to the DVB).

So the statement isn't false. divx will playing better on a C3 800 then on  a
166MMX. ;) But the C3 is not enough for smooth playback. Of course you can
try to use the tv-out of the epia board instead of feeding it to the DVB.
Then the C3 should be enough.

--
counter.li.org : #296567.