[vdr] Re: DVB-C and VDR 1.1.20 // Is zapping really faster???

On Mon, 23 Dec 2002, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Alexander Damhuis wrote:
> >
> > [... slow tuning...]
>
> Sorry, I realized that in your subject it says "DVB-C...". I can only speak
> for DVB-S, so maybe there really is a problem with tuning in a separate thread
> on DVB-C systems. However, I can't test that, so somebody with DVB-C would have
> to do some debugging here...

On my Technotrend Premium DVB-C + VDR 1.1.19 (separate thread there also)
tuning works quite fast (~1-1.5s tuning) when using Jaakko Hyvätti's
patch http://gyre.weather.fi/~jaakko/dvb/ for the DVB drivers. Every now
and then a channel doesn't tune at first try, but it's no problem for
recording since VDR restarts. Notice this patch is intented for use in
HTV's network in Helsinki, Finland, might not work elsewhere (it tunes
125khz below the channel, and other changes).