[vdr] Re: Premote Plugin

Hi Luis,

>Do you compile DVB or VDR with any
>special flag?

Here is what I did on a Suse 7.3 Prof system:

cd /usr/local/src DVB/driver
make clean
make
./makedev.napi

the above shouldn' t be necessary. I just did it
for safe measure.Then:

make insmod

cd /usr/local/src/DVB/apps/av7110_loadkeys

I think this might be your problem. I also did a

./av7110_loadkeys activy.rccm > /proc/av7110_ir

you would need to use one that fits your remote
try maybe haupauge.rccm

To test it I did:

./evtest /dev/input/event0

In /video I deleted the remote.conf and then a

cd /usr/local/src/VDR
./vdr -Premote

Works great. In my room (35m^2) I can point the
RCU anywhere and VDR will pick it up. Sometimes
(rarely) it will pickup the signal as a double pressed
button (this NEVER happens with the number
buttons 0-9) when using the up / down buttons eg.
Maybe I need to relearn the keys. I haven't checked
Oliver's source code if you can insert a delay into
the routine to get rid of this behavoir.

Klaus also changed something in 1.1.19 in the rcu,
so it may work better here (I'm still using 1.1.17
because of my mods)

>I have same CI but Rev 1.3 of DVB and cannot make
>it work.

Did you connect the IR-TSOP to the CI (you MUST)?
If the CI is connected you can't run it on J2

Oliver originally made his plugin for the Rev 2.1, which is
why I posted the info in the first place. However, IIRC,
someone also posted it working on a Rev 1.3 on the ML
some weeks ago, but  I don't think he had a CI module.
Oliver wrote somewhere he doesn't guarantee it working
on a Rev 1.3 ;o))

>How can I create a button map for my remote?

I haven't tried that yet (and haven't read all the read
Me's on this subject ;o)). Sorry I can't help you
there.

Make sure you aren't running any instances of LIRC
AFAIK this doesn't work.

Have you tried using the (-i)nverted mode? I don't
think it will work with the i mode, but it is worth a
try.

Greetz,
Reinhard

---