[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: DXR3 plugin vdr-dxr3-0.1.2

Hi,

first i have to say Merry Christmas (and that's the reason why i couldn't
answer too detailed...)

On Tuesday 24 December 2002 18:24, Richard Walker wrote:
> In message <E18QsV5-00050x-00@chambertin.convergence.de>
>
>           Gavin Hamill <gdh@acentral.co.uk> wrote:
> > >
> > > I *think* there may be one or two issues in this department.  I find
> > > that my OSD is reduced to 50% of the horizontal size it should be for
> > > no reasn (usually when I press 'menu').
> >
> > <nod> e.g. BBC1 is fine but most other channels the width is reduced
> > (maybe  to about 60% or screen width) even though the MPEG2 stream on
> > /all/ channels  is 720x576...
>
> You are quite right.  It's OK on BBC 1, but on all the other channels, it
> barfs.  :-(  A shame, since the new OSD looks *so* good!
We are trying to determine the video resolution  out of the MPEG data.
Unfortunately some stations are sending some garbage and therefore we only
check for a horizontal resolution of 720. Otherwise the OSD will be
downscaled to a width of 480.
I guess those stations are sending with 702 (which we have forgotten) and this
results in downscaling.

You could try to patch line 388 of spuenc.c from
	if (hsize != 720)
	if ((hsize != 720) || (hsize != 702))

Stefan.