[vdr] Re: Premote Plugin

Hi Luis,

>Hello,
>I have tried everithing to make IR working but nothing worked.
>I am using the kernel that came with RH8.0. Can It be a kernel issue?

Sorry, I don't know (SuSe user ;o))

>I have been following all of your advices but remote just dont
>work for me neither with evtest,

Hmm,. aside from the ideas which Oliver already posted today,
do you perhaps have access to an oscilloscope? You may want
to check if the TSOP is receiving the signals and what they look
like. Maybe the combo your RCU & your TSOP isn't working.
Dead batteries maybe?  Could you please give us some info on
which TSOP & RCU you are using?

> > Yes, I guess. But will the firmware ever get fixed?

>It seems that old driver performed better with cams, is it true?
>If so, how does the new driver performe with old firmware?

I, too am using a combo. Please see my mail from today 20:51
[vdr] Re: Patch for New driver + Old Firmware + Remote
Control Plugin

greetz,
Reinhard

---