[vdr] Re: Patch for New driver + Old Firmware + Remote Control Plugin

Hi Oliver,

> > Are you *sure*  ;ö))? I am using the newest HEAD driver and

> I'm sure that I have locked up my machine this way.
> I never tried again. :-)

Strange, I can't remember this ever happening during my testing.

> There are not that many different firmare releases.
> AFAIK all old drivers after April, 15th use the same firmware:

I will have to look at the date. Can't access my linux partition
from windows ;o))

> > BTW I also do NOT get any message that the fw might be too
> > old (and I didn't apply your patch from yesterday ;o))
>
> Are you sure that you are using *new* firmware?
> Did you recompile the driver after changing the firmware:
> make clean
> make

I go even deeper. After installing a new DVB driver I always do:

make clean
manually kill all devices in /dev/dvb
search for any loose "Root" files >1kbyte
delete folder /usr/local/src/DVB
copy new stuff there (I don't use symbolic links) & do a

make
./makedev.napi
make insmod

> If autorepeat does not work, you have a *new* firmware.

Autorepeat works great!

> As you know this plugin is able to control multiple input devices.
> Therefore, a setup menu must be able to configure each device
> separately.

Haven't done that yet ;o)) What I have added is:

Firmware selection (standard / other)
Polldelay
Repeatdelay
Repeatfreq
Repeattimeout
Restore Standard Values
(as the remote becomes unusable, if you increase the values too much ;o))

I'm not sure we even need to be able to change ALL the values above.
What parameters did you (plan) on adding to the setup?

> If there is a setup menu, internationalization has to be done,
> and all parameters have to be documented...

Will be done as soon as I'm satisfied with the results ;o))

Greetz,
Reinhard

---