[vdr] CHANNEL Scanner for Cable

Hello all,

I am searching for a tool/script to creat channel.conf file on a DVB-C system.
Just to complete everything, at the moment I really can live perfect with the
delivered files, but sometimes a freq changes here and there. Then I need to
crawl through web or use a Windows tool to scan (who really wants to boot
W2K??).

So, this is what I found out:

- DVBTUNE is not able to handle the QAM in Cable (or I am to dumb to
configure), but I could creat a nice XML file and this can be ported to
channels.conf structure

- DVBSAK is in fact scanning cable frequencies, but I really didn't find any
documentation (wether in the tarballs nor on sourceforge, nor googling
around). I found out how start the tool dvbscan (part of DVBSAK) and let it
print out the results, but there is a lot missing (PID, VID, ...)

So, my question: Anyone out there, who has something like this for DVB-C
scripts for DVBSAK or another tool) ??? I would also support any developer
(of both tools) with information on cable network, DVB broadcasting and I
would do scripting and testing. Alas I am not a programmer :-( ...

Best regards,
Alex