[vdr] Re: Little Feature Request

Stephan Bieker wrote:

> I want to suggest two Features. Perhaps, some others find
> them usefull to.
>
> a) If vdr is actually recording, it would be nice, if it
> would create a flag
> or temp file, perhaps with the actuall recordings. This would
> be fine for
> using in own scripts to prevent rebooting/shutdown while
> recording or when
> one wants to reboot from a remote console. I didn't find a
> way to check for
> actuall recording. Perhaps i'm blind?!?

You could use the recording script for that pupose
e.g.:

#!/bin/sh
case "$1" in
     before)
            echo $2 >> /var/vdr/running_recordings
            ;;
     after)
            cat /var/vdr/running_recordings | \
             grep -v "$2" > /var/vdr/running_recordings~
            mv -f /var/vdr/running_recordings~ \
             /var/vdr/running_recordings
            ;;
     *)
            echo "ERROR: unknown state: $1"
            ;;
     esac

of course this is a bit crude (e.g. no locking) but you can enhance it
:)

CU Ulrich