[vdr] AC3 status?

hello,

i installed a 2nd VDR in our livingroom, now my wife wants a better sound.
so i need a DOLBY 5.1 receiver. but which one?

i want to connect the receiver with a converter to the J2 connector of the
DVB-S and want to hear the AC3 sound of the actual tv program.

i don't like any kind of -a ac3dec programs. that's what i have here at my
computer with a 5.1 analog sound card. the sound is always out of sync.

maybe someone can tell his success story.
which VDR version?
any add. patch installed?
add. ac3 program?
live-tv or only records?
has dvd replay ac3 sound?
what kind of s/pdif converter? optical/coax?
what kind of dolby-receiver?

thank you