[vdr] Re: Convert a DVD to a vdr recording

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 19:08:54 +0100, Ulrich Gierschner <ug@teuto.de>
wrote:

> dvd::rip (Linux). After that you have to link the vob-files you want to see
> to a vdr subdirectory (to 001.vdr and so on) and execute 'genindex' (not
> necessary but then you are able to search in the stream). The only thing I
> don't know is how to get the AC3 stream working. I use dvd::rip for
> demultiplexing an reconvert the audiostream to mp2... not nice but it is
> working.

I know dvd::rip, but this is to much effort. And most important, I
cannot do this on my vdr server which doesn't have any X installed.

> That would be much easyer. You did see this feature on a M$ Video-Toy,
> haven't you? :-)

No, it's seems to me a natural extension of vdr. The recording should be
possible independend from the source (DVB, DVD, ...). I could even be
done in background.

> Because your kids are not allowed to go into the videostore;-)

No, because I want to save my DVDs from handling errors. ;-)
And as I have a large VDR server and several clients it is easier to
have the DVDs online.

Emil