[vdr] Problem using vdr-1.1.24 with keyboard

I'm having problems using vdr-1.1.24 using the OSD on the console and keyboard
to control vdr. I've used vdr in this way before (I own only a consumer card)
with 1.0.4 so I know it should be possible. :-)
When I start vdr I see that it tunes to RTL as channel 1 and I see the EPG
data of what's running right then. As soon as I press a key the whole screen
wents black and nothing except strg-c changes this. :-((
There are no error messages in /var/log/messages or on the console thereafter.

Bye David