[vdr] Re: AW: ds.jar

Hi Ulrich,

> commercial interests? ...

That is what I suspect. Look at WatchTV Pro. It went the
same way. First the promise "this will *always* be freeware"
and later the guy wants cash for a piece of trash ("my"
opinion) software. No thanks!! Klaus, please never go this
way. I'd be willing to donate something, but don't switch
to closed source and "force" money from your customers
(not that I think Klaus would do this!)

> I do not know why the author does forbid using the program...?

Well, to the best of my knowledge he can't do this (unless there
are legal issuse with parts of the code he uses). He offered it as
freeware. He cannot later say "hey, sorry, but unless you pay
you can't use (the old versions) this software anymore".

Greetz,
Reinhard

---
Mail is certified Virus Free.