[vdr] Re: DVB subtitling

tor 2003-05-08 klockan 13.52 skrev Jan Ekholm:

> Has anyone worked on implementing DVB subtitles as a plugin for VDR? Not
> teletext ones, but the "real" ones, as defined in ETSI 300 743. I'd be
> interested in helping out and at the same time learn some DVB technology.
> Has anyone started upon such a quest or know of some old dead/dying
> project?

There has been quite a lot of discussion about this topic earlier. Some
pointers:

There are also some in-progress projects:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dvbtools/ includes a program called
dvbsubs which, unfortunately, doesn't seen to work very well.

Some technical data can be found here:
http://www.softel.co.uk/downloads/DVB_Subtitling_FAQ.pdf

I'd be very interested in a plugin for DVB subtitles.

--
Oskar Signell <oskar@signell.net>