[vdr] Re: cReceivers in plugins

On Friday 09 May 2003 17:19, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> I have uploaded a patch to
> ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/etc/vdr-1.1.30-initplugins.diff that separates the
> plugin startup into Initialize() and Start().
>
> Plugin authors should please take a look at this and, if applicable,
> adapt their plugins accordingly (and, of course, let me know if there
> is something wrong with this modification). This will go into VDR 1.1.31,
> which I am planning to release sunday evening (please wait with officially
> releasing adapted plugin versions until VDR 1.1.31 has been released,
> otherwise we're probably going to drown in postings complaining about
> plugins not working with the "official" VDR version... ;-)

Works for the dxr3-plugin without problems (we are going to change this for
the next version) .

But this change doesn't solve the problem that it is not possible to attach a
receiver at the dxr3-device.
The latest osdteletext-plugin version solves this problem by checking whether
the primary device provides the current channel or not. If this is not the
case it iterates through the list of devices and checks whether one of the
devices is able to provide the current channel and that the device is in use.
It's seems to be important to check that the device is in use because
otherwise it may happen that a second dvb card is tuned to the same channel
which leads to stream errors on my system.
This is the only way we found to find the dvb card that is currently connected
at the dxr3-device.
Does anybody know a better (cleaner) way to solve that problem?
Or is it worth to think about a way to connect two devices in a way so that
they may appear for the user as one device (so that the dxr3-device together
with a budget dvb card behaves like a fullfeatured card).
For such a feature the dxr3-device would need to know from which device it
currently receives data. Furthermore it must be possible to redirect the
AttachReceiver-Call to the dvb device (at the moment these function are not
virtual).

- Kai-