[vdr] Re: Feature Request: Bitstreamout - select audio with menu, green

"Dr. Werner Fink" wrote:

> On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 09:18:05AM +0200, Christian Jacobsen wrote:
> > Hallo,

> > > Hmmm ... agree. Nevertheless IMHO this should be done in VDR its self.
> > > Even if it is possible to use a macro key ... what happens if one channel
> > > provides two languages audio channels and one AC3 channel?
> > >
> > > @Klaus: is it possible to extend the green button audio channel switch to
> > > switch between normal audio channel(s) and AC3 channel(s)?  AFAIS
> > > currently
> > > only two normal audio channels are know by VDR.
> >
> > IIRC this feature is working with AC3overDVB with the normal "menu", "Green"
> > buttons. I think I saw that with AC3overDVB 0.1.6, but I might bee wrong !?
>
> Then the AC3overDVB 0.1.6 heavily patches VDR 1.1.30 at the appropiate
> source code places.  Currently I'v put together the needed changes to
> ensure that the AC3 stream is in synch with the video even if the Still
> button was pressed ... and that EPG data scans do not cause stream drop
> outs.
>
> I don't know if Klaus will the green button feature before VDR 1.2.x ...
> I guess he doesn't want to do that.  Btw: AC3overDVB can be used in
> parallel with bitstreamout AFAIK.

Originally I wanted to change the whole audio/video data handling before 1.2.0,
but when I started doing so yesterday I realized that this would touch too many
other things and might even break stuff that already works fine.
I therefore decided to postpone the whole thing until after 1.2.0 and just do
some more fixes and small enhancements. That way the time until a stable 1.2.0
isn't unnecessarily prolonged...

Klaus