[vdr] Re: EPG for UK users?

Steven Toth (steve@toth.demon.co.uk) wrote:
> >I've just had my little project shot down by Sky - apparently we can't use
> >the EPG
> >information anywhere (I was going to store the EPG in a database for non
> >satellite
> >users to query).  They didn't say why specifically, just "no".
> >
> >Oh well :(
>
> Sad feckers.
>
> Did they contact you?

No, I contacted them since I hadn't seen any copyright notices regarding
the EPG, and as an example mentioned if I could use the synopsis information
on a website, to which customer services replied "no".

Probably better I did contact them, than put all the work in and then be told
to take it down.

I guess the other TV programme providers actually have various licenses or
use their own sources.

Andy.

--
n: Andy Coates                         e: andy@bribed.net