[vdr] Re: Shutdown after Recording - is that a bug ?

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 07:36:17PM +0200, Christian Jacobsen wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I have for some time noticed that VDR does shutdown earlier than expected if
> recording with timers and using nvram-wakeup. Until now I was not 100% sure.
>
> I have :
> MinUserInactivity = 300
>
> This is what happens. On shutdown nvram-wakeup is called for the next timer.
> The PC then wakes up at the right time, starts VDR and the recording is
> made. So far everything is very good :)
>
> But exactly after recording and long time before "MinUserInactivity" times
> out VDR does a shutdown of the PC !?
>
> Is this normal ? a feature ;) ? or a bug ?

Hallo,

It is a feature :-)
As long as you didn't touch the remote during the recording, there was
no "User Activity" during this run of VDR.
So VDR can assume nobody is watching and shuts the PC down.
I like this feature as i mostly use VDR to record shows during the week
while i am not home and there is no point in leting the PC run for some
three hours or so without doing anything worthwile.

Gruss Robert

--
Robert R. Simons
GnuPG 1024D/14B10757