[vdr] Re: Feature Requests for OSD

what about sending this mail only once???

-----Original Message-----
From: Freddy Aßmann [mailto:Sammel@onlinehome.de]
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 10:44 AM
Cc: vdr@linuxtv.org
Subject: [vdr] Feature Requests for OSD

Hallo folks,

After a while of using my vdr I have some suggestions to make the OSD more
user-friendly.
1. A 'button'/function at the timer edit page to mark a timer as
'irregularity series' so that the recording will be automatically saved in
an separate directory, named like the TITLE, with his EPISODE name. If the
EPISODE name is empty it can be used the date and/or time as episode name.
The timer will be deleted after recording.
2. A colored marking for the overlapping timers. The maximum amount of
timers for the same time could be set in the setup or automatically by
consadering the numbers of dvb-cards and as finest with checking if timers
on the same transponder.
3. The Schedule pages could be more clear and informativ. I would prefer to
show only one day on one page (if more then one entry for one day), on top
of them the day of the week and the date. The entrys will be list by time.
Under the title name should be inserted a line with the episode name in a
small font, but only for the marked entry. The additional will be moved with
the title marker.
4. The described additional line with the episode name for the timers menu.
5. Sometimes I missing some navigation symbols to see that the list/menu is
longer as displayed. I think that is important for newbies.
6. In the main menu on the right side there is many space to display state
infos like recordings etc.
7. If the card is busy by recordings i have a black screen and regularly a
massage the the channel ist not available. When I in the menu the message
are also displayed. If i press a button as the same time, the message catch
the key and I have to press the key again to do an action. It's i little bit
strange sometimes.
8. The dolby symbol on the info window only if a stream is present and not
only depending by setting an ID, the same for second audio stream
9. No 'false' symbols on the info window by switching through the
channel-groups.
That's all now.

Thank's for your time.
Freddy Aßmann