[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.1.30

Hallo Klaus,

> >> I tested that yesterday and it is now much better than before :)
> >> But if then channel needs to be changed for a recording on the Primary
> >> card
> >> I have distorted sound and missing frames while VDR is doing that.
> >>
> >> So maybe there is a small glitch somewhere ?
> >> If it can't be fixed then you could put a message on the OSD and pause
> >the
> >> replay for the time it takes to switch channel and start the recording
> >:)
>
> Maybe the driver can't replay while it is switching the transponder (at
> least
> I couldn't see where such a problem would exist in VDR itself). I also
> observe
> a small glitch in replaying if the transponder on theprimary card is
> switched,
> but I don't this it would justify actually pausing replay - that would be
> an
> even bigger interrupt.

I don't know what is different now !? But now, with 1.1.31, I only have a
very small glitch. Did you change something ?
I am unsing the same DVB Driver as with 1.1.30 !
Anyway, with 1.1.30 I had a glitch of several seconds, now less than a
second, so forget about the Pause. Maybe that was a seldom coincidence as no
one else has replied.

> >> Then I have noticed a couple of times that wenn using the "Timeshift
> >pause"
> >> feature I had a distorted picture (somehow teared apart in "stripes")
> >and
> >> black screen as reported earlyer by someone else. A recording on the
> >second
> >> card was running at that time so that it probably could be compared
> >with a
> >> single card system.
>
> Take a look at cRecordControls::PauseLiveVideo() (in menu.c) and try
> different values in the two sleep() calls. Maybe there is just not enough
> data available yet when the replay is started.

here the same as above - no distorted Picture anylonger !? Maybe next time I
should wait for the next version and see what happens ;)
The Black picture is still there, but as I said earlier I can live with that
if there is no (easy) solution.

Greetings
Christian