[vdr] Re: Not all RC-5 keys are recognized by the Hauppauge Nexus built-in IR-receiver

Olivier Jacques wrote:
> > > Maybe these keys do not send rc5 codes. The Hauppauge receiver
> > > accepts rc5 only, while lirc accepts virtually any protocol.
>
> Oliver, I would like to be sure: do you mean that, for the Hauppauge
> 2.1 IR receiver:
> - with DVB driver and remote-plugin, we can only get RC5
> - with LIRC, we can get most of IR protocols
> All this keeping the siemens 2.1 IR module?
>
> or that the hauppauge 2.1 IR receiver _itself_ is limited to RC5?

The Nexus *card* and the driver support two protocols: RC5 and RCMM.
The keymap file selects which protocol to be used.

The ir *receiver* supplied with the Nexus is too slow for RCMM.
It can be used for RC5 only.

If you build your own receiver using a better ir receiver chip (e.g.
TSOP1136), and connect it to the Nexus card, you can use RCMM.

The remote control plugin itself is not restricted to any protocol.
(Of course, it requires a driver which provides the key codes.)

If you want to use different protocols at the same time or other
protocols than RC5/RCMM, you may use lirc with a home-brew receiver (or
a similar device).

Oliver