[vdr] Re: About the HTTP-problems with STREAMDEV-plugin

Am Dienstag, 20. Mai 2003 22:22 schrieb Rene Bartsch:
> I used mpegtools of DVB-driver long time ago (0.9.3 or 0.9.4) and there
> definitely was support for TS2PS - even in VOB-format. Hope that
> survived to the current versions.

Of course there is, but it's not part of cTS2PES. But most of the dvbtools
muxers only support 2 pids - and my MPEG knowledge isn't deep enough to
expand that (as I'd like to support additional audio streams or subpicture
streams, too).

But I'll have a look at adding a basic TS2PS muxer. Currently I'm rewriting
the server core for various reasons, which will take a little time first.

> > I'm thinking about removing the TS2PES stuff now, since VDR-to-VDR
> > streaming with TS works pretty well ;)
>
> Better than PES. Who the hell needs PES? ;o)

Well I guess that makes it thrown out - anyway did you try TS streaming
(VDR-to-VDR) yet? ;)))

> Rene

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt