[vdr] Re: Buffer Overflow because of cReceiver-Threads locking each other

At Freitag, 23. Mai 2003 21:00 Rene Bartsch wrote:
> we have the problem (especially with streaming-plugins) that
> cReceiver-threads lock each other if one of them doesn't get data by
> time. Then VDR drops packets (skipped 99 Bytes of TS-stream). But this

This doesn't happen anymore since vdr-1.1.31.

> causes invalid MPEG-streams making the player to swallow. In turn the
> cReceiver-threads lock again and drop packets. So we get a never-ending
> story of cReceiver-threads and invalid MPEG-streams locking each other.

> This could be solved by a buffer in the cReceiver-threads, which drops
> the frames up to the next I-Frame in case of buffer overflow (or repeats
> the last I-Frame in case of buffer underruns) making sure the
> MPEG-stream keeps valid.

Well since a buffer overflow still leads to broken mpeg data, some filtering
in the ringbuffer would really be nice ;)

But doesn't the frame-based ringbuffer provide something like that already?

> Rene

Greets,
Sascha