[vdr] Re: BUG in Broken stream detection ?? /sorry Online client f***ed up

On Tue, 27 May 2003, you wrote:
> Tilo Renkl wrote:
> > Anyway something in VDR code has changed, so that some of my recordings
> > (~50%)
> > are completely broken (very heavy audio and video disortions). :-(((
> > I will do some further tests, but this is difficult due to the fact that
> > this
> > is my system for everyday use and there are timers which I do not want to
> > miss.
> >
> > Tilo
> i got the same behaviour.
> now testing 1.1.33....
>
> maybe we can (in a private mail!?) compare our installations..
>
> bye.

I updated my jurassic system this weekend from vdr1.00/kernel2.4.0 (;-)) to
1.1.32 and got the same problems.
Some recordings at random get's choppy. It's not always clear from the
beginning, some recordings are ok at first and start getting choppy after some
minutes. Also some old recordings seems now to become choppy (but were ok on
vdr 1.00).
Im using an noname BX board with P2/300 with Suse8.1 (kernel2.4.19) and the
drivers from 2003-04-27.
I've disabled first all the plugins but the problem seems to persist.
Originally I thought of installation problems by the new setup (I'm still
getting awkward syslog messages about hardware I don't even have ;-))

I have to wait for some addtional test and fixes for next week as this is my
production system and I'm away for the weekend.

regards	Peter

P.S. For the weekend I will restart my jurassic setup. It's been running now
for ~1year with 1.00 without any real problems (starting with vdr0.7
Jan/2001?!). Never missed a recording because of vdr even during 2..3 weeks
absence.
Let's hope 1.2 will be that stable.... ;-))

P.P.S Sorry for the garbled first posting;
I swear I'll never try this online client again  ;-((