[vdr] Re: Timeshifting pb with vdr 1.1.32 / vdr-1.1.33

Stephan Schreiber wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > I'm afraid I don't understand: If you wait, say, 10 seconds after
> > going into
> > "Pause live video" mode (in plain 1.1.33), does it _still_ stop replaying
> > after about one second? I find that hard to believe...
> >
> > What happens if you change the sleep(3) into sleep(10) in the patch?
> >
> > Klaus
>
> Here (Siemens DVB-C, latest driver), it makes no difference for how long I
> wait. Replay always ends as soon as it should resume (sometimes it plays a
> few frames before stopping). It's like pressing STOP instead....
> But once I manually start replay of the recording (which continues w/o
> problem) everything is fine.

This is all very strange...

Can you please do an 'ls -l' on the recording directory to see whether
the 001.vdr and index.vdr files actually grow while you're in pause mode?

But then again, if you wait long enough (like several minutes or so)
there _must_ be enough data in the files to resume normal replay.
I can understand (and was able to reproduce) that it doesn't work
if you start replay _immediately_ after going into pause mode, because
the end of file is reached too soon, but I can't see why it wouldn't
work if you wait longer...

Maybe you could investigate around the cDvbPlayer and cNonBlockingFileReader
to see under what exact conditions it decides to stop replaying.

Klaus