From: vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org [mailto:vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org] On Behalf
Of Gavin Hamill
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 11:03 AM
To: vdr@linuxtv.org
Subject: [vdr] Re: PVR 250 Plugin Request/Help needed

On Wednesday 01 October 2003 09:56, Andre Neumann wrote:

> VDR carries the "sky" plugin, which i think is not very different from

> what i (and maybe others?) want to do with the PVR card.

The 'sky' plugin is pretty much exactly what you want and could probably
be
used as-is...

The remote-control functionality will either need to be changed so the
keypresses match your cable decoder, or more simply you might want to
comment
out the actual code in the 'lirc send' function so all of the lirc send
calls
in the plugin end up doing nothing..

If you notice, the only thing the 'sky' plugin really does is read a TS
from
/dev/video2 and shuffle that into VDR itself - there's no magic API
calls
required to talk to Klaus' Kfir MPEG2 encoder - it's purely filesystem,
so if
your PVR250 can provide a TS, then just change that part of the 'sky'
plugin
to the correct path, and you should be all set :)

Cheers,
Gavin.

as subject.