[vdr] Re: (dxr3) picture with white dots on top

Hi,

Frank Scherthan schrieb:
Gavin Hamill wrote:
On Friday 03 October 2003 10:13, Joe Schmoe wrote:
Nope - I've got the same problem, but the line doesn't flicker :)
However, the dots only appear on one channel (BBC ONE) when they
I have the same problem, and I even see it sometimes when using the Sky Digibox and my widescreen TV - so I too vote for a 'broadcast
The dots can be seen on ARD - Das Erste when they air 16:9, too. It might be teletext-info, that is not removed from the analog stream and than encoded as mpeg2. This is not a problem of dxr3 or dvb-cards, but rather of not only encoding the "real" picture. Or am I completly wrong here?
This dots sucks big time...
you are right, i checked with analog sat and a tv card, it is teletext,
and by searching around i found that most "state" tv stations seem to have the problem, since they all seem to use the same type of equipment which just encodes the analog picture broadcasted in real-time with fixed settings,
even 16/9 detection is passive, i.e. relies on vbi inserts to detect the change, sometimes it even fails (i had that once on RBB, they switched to 16/9 after some 25 minutes).
at least german ARD knows this problem, but refuses to accept it as a "problem" and of course wont change anything here.

Regards Onno