[vdr] AKool complete patch, fam and gcc 3.3.x

Hello,

first, I want to make sure that everybody knows that I don't mean to bitch around with this mail :)

I really like these complete patches (vdr-portal.de -> downloads).  But in the ones for vdr 1.2.5 there is fam (http://oss.sgi.com/projects/fam/) integrated.  And I cant compile it. I get errors when it gets to make after ./configure.

That's because fam isn't developed for newer compilers. At least that's what I think using my amateur knowledge. I even took a look into the fam cvs and didnt find a new entry for 5 months.

If I compile it by myself, I get messages like "...is deprecated", after applying the Dnotify patch I get the same errors like when I compile the patched vdr. Is there any way that I can use my beloved complete patches again?

Thx

Sebastian
(not bitching around :))