[vdr] Re: EPG - Data - incomplete info (words cut)

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Wolfgang Goeller wrote:

>Hello
>
>When reading the epg.data from say ZDF I realise often
>incomplete sentences - sometimes cuts in the middle of a word.
>Is ZDF so bad or is there a swtich in vdr to allow two more
>lines ('cause ZDF has several empty lines after the title.)

The same happens for most Finnish channels too, random sentences are cut
at random lengths. I turned off all forms of "EPG fix" in the config menu
and the texts suddenly are much longer, but still get cut off. I think
that the "fixer" cut off the subtitle texts altogether in many cases. But
something still is wrong, either with the data that all the channels send
or thw way in which it is extracted from the stream.

--
          "Yes, bugger all that." said Nanny. "Let's curse somebody."
                                            -- Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters