[vdr] Re: vdr and via epia...

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 11:27:28AM +0300, Tapio Karinsalo wrote:
> I am planning to purchase Via Epia motherboard and using it with VDR. Do you guys know which Epia is best for VDR? Is 533 MHz enough power for this purpose? Or should it be more powerful processor? Am I right that with Via Epia motherboard it is possible to get totally silent system?
I have a 600 MHz C3 on a Epia-M... The processor is passively cooled,
but fast enough even for using xine for software only decoding. I can
watch divx, but get always a few dropped frames...
but if you _only_ want to use vdr, it's no problem... If you have the
money: buy a hush technologies system with the 1GHz Nehemiah, this may
be expensive, but is much faster than my 600MHz C3 (not only faster
clock speed, but a newer, much improved core revision). the hush system
uses a heatpipe to transfer the heat from the cpu to the case and thus
cool it completely noiseless...

--
c u
henning