[vdr] Re: OSD message plugin?

Bjorn Andersson wrote:

has anyone implemented a plugin to show simple messages on the OSD from
an external program? As an example, I would like to display on the OSD
when there is an incoming phone call (I get the info via an ISDN card in
my VDR box), and when I have new email in my mailbox.

The plugin could for example listen on a UDP port and display for a
couple of seconds on the OSD any text it receives on the port.

This is already included in the VDR core.
The VDR archive contains a program called svdrpsend.pl
This program is able (among other things) to send messages to VDRs OSD.
The hosts that are allowed to connect VDR must be configured via /<your video0 dir>/svdrphosts.conf.
Here is a part of my callerid.conf, that sends a message when a call arrives:

[MSN]
NUMBER = 5
ALIAS = Wohn
SI = 1
ZONE = 1
START = {
[FLAG]
FLAGS = IRU
PROGRAM = svdrpsend.pl MESG \$19 \$2 : \$17
}