[vdr] Re: vdr killed my video archive

mån 2003-10-13 klockan 12.08 skrev Ingo Janetzki:
> Hi,

I can understand way it happend, and I'm sorry for you. Unfortunately
there isn't a way to undelete you recordings or no easy way that I know
of :/  There isn't undelete becouse of how the filesystem are
constructed.

But the space problem are intressting anyway. How to "fix" the problem
part of it.

What I can see there are two solution to it

1) To use SW-RAID0 (concat disk) in Linux. I have used this technic
before but not for VDR just jet. (I don't have 2 disks jet :) )

Pro:
* No change in VDR
* Recording over "disk-boundary" should not be any problem

Cons:
* Preformence?
* Hard to setup? -might need some howto

2) Make VDR knowing about sevral disks (or several directories) where
VDR can store recording.

Pro:
* Easier to setup

Cons:
* Need some development
* Need knowing of "disk limits"
* Recording over several small diskspace can be hard.

Useing of a diskserver far away (next room :) ) can have the same
problem as to day couldn't it?

We might even need to add a flag to the recording to tell VDR "do not
delete, ever".

How do you do to day?
Okej we know how Ingo does it and that isn't a good way it seams...

--

   /erikg

Erik Günther                                     erik.gunther@bokus.com
System Developer                                                Bokus AB
+46 (0)40 - 35 21 19                                      icq: 160744619

Fortune:
"Linux poses a real challenge for those with a taste for late-night
hacking (and/or conversations with God)."
(By Matt Welsh)