[vdr] Re: mpeg1 layer 2 (mp2) -> iec958 ?

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 10:40:07PM +0200, Sven Goethel wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 October 2003 20:55, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
> > On 14 Oct 2003 "Dr. Werner Fink" <werner@suse.de> wrote:
> > > Does the mp3 really use PlayAudio with mp3 -> PCM?
> >
> > Yes, it does. I didn't know that there is an easy way to convert
> > mp3->mp2 and other sound formats would be a problem too.
> >
> > > I guess it does something like mp3 -> mp2 and
> > > PlayVideo() with audio mp2 only.  In other words it
> > > uses the hw mp2 decoder of the DVB card to get both
> > > PCM on the S/P-DIF and analog audio.
> >
> > PCM is routed to SPDIF and analog out.
> >

> hold a sec .. i saw only a PlayVideo call,
> so i guessed a PlayAudio call is missing
> - since PlayVideo does not call PlayAudio ..
>
> wrong .. right ?

;^)  ... clear defined name spaces

OK:  PlayVideo() is the function which takes audio, video
and any audio data within PS1 streams.  Whereas PlayAudio()
is the interface to any attached receiver plugin or program
attached as receiver with the option -a of VDR.

@Klaus: maybe names like PlayAV() and ForwardAudio() would
be better.

       Werner