[vdr] Re: Streaming-Client/Reply-Clinet (Perhaps XBOX or DBOX2)

Am Freitag, 17. Oktober 2003 16:40 schrieben Sie:
> Hello Rene
>
> > Mmh, that's strange. As decoding is done by the DVB streaming shouldn't
> > be a
> > problem for a P200. You have either misconfigured your network or it's a
> > bug
> > in the streaming-plugin.
>
> Donīt think so because Replay of a Movie over the same Network
> works very well. But i found somethin out: Itīs a P 160 not 200...

If replay works well it shouldn't be a problem with live-stream, too. It could
be a live-stream has more data by the additional PIDs (teletext, ...).

But in generell it should work. Have you tried switching TS/PS/PES?

> > What network do you use (10Base-T, 100Base-Tx or 1000Base-T)?
> > What NICs do you use (PCI, ISA, PCMCIA, CARDBUS)?
>
> Both (server and Client have 100mbit Tx)
>
> Itīs simple a CPU-Problem - with Playback only i have 40-60% CPU Power
> With Streaming 80-100% and when i jumps to 100% i have jumps in the
> Picture Also the whole VDR getīs realy slow so itīs not realy funny.
>
> I think a faster CPU would be realy great... (in a other configuration
> i tryed a 350AMD wich works great with 2 DVB CARDS ...

Once again, do you use PCMCIA or ISA? 16-Bit Systems cause high CPU-load which
could explain your problems.

My parents had a P166 MMX VDR-box which even handled DVD-playback with
AC3toPCM-transcoding perfectly.

So I still think you have either a configuration-problem or it's a bug in the
streaming plugin. Which versions do you use?

Sascha, any idea what differs between live-streaming and streaming recordings
causing high load?

> > As the CAMs have a PCMCIA-interface, does anybody know if the CI-slots of
> > the
> > DBOX2 are standard PCMCIA-/Cardbus-slots supported by Linux?
> >
> > My idea was to put a 802.11g WLan-card into one slot to stream by
> > wireless LAN.
>
> Nice idea - would be interesting if it works :-)

Yes, the question is if it is a standard cardbus-controller supported by linux
(like some TI).

Could anyone out there with a DBOX2 running linux test this (with some lspci
-vvv)?

Rene