[vdr] Re: AC3overDVB

On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 06:18:23PM +0200, Helmut Auer wrote:

> >Well, I wonder how many people actually have AC3 equipment.
> >My guess would be the majority does not.
> >

> Most people which heard once AC3 sound would never go back ...

I counter that.

I have a 16:9 TV with "native" DD/DTS decoder, and it is surly is great
when you watch a DD 5.1(or DTS) (whatever, I have a DVD-Player and the
DBox2 which can deliver the needed signal), but i can still watch with
only stereo-sound without the feeling that i miss something.

e.g. I've seen Stargate (the series) on DVD with DD 5.1 sound and 16:9
picutre, and i don't have any problems with watching it on SciFi now
(Stereo-Sound and 4:3 picture)

16:9 Picture and DD 5.1 don't improve the story of a movie. :-)

Bis denn