[vdr] Re: AC3overDVB

Tilo Renkl wrote:

My VDR is one sairs up, so that kable has to be at least
13 Meters !! Is that still OK, and where can I buy such a kable ?

For a optical connection has the standard transmitter TOTX173 a max.
transmissions distance of 10 meters ...

see also www.toshiba.com/taec/components/Datasheet/TOTX173.pdf

A bigger distance work only with luck ;-),
Thanx for the quick answer. How about using an elektric cable (chinch)?

Hi Thilo,
here I have ~30m of coax cable (which is a normal antenna cable) from my Siemens DVB-C into my receiver (Harman Kardon). This combination works like a charm.

Regards

Dominik