[vdr] Re: bitstreamout-0.48pre2

> > > For owners of a onboard sound chip or sound card with S/P-DIF in
> > > connector it is not an improvment because the synchronization done
> > > by the DVB card is not doable in sw.  This was the reason why I
> > > never add support for MP2 within bitstreamout plugin.  And therefore
> > > I'd like to see a compile and runtime configuration.
> >
> > ja - please have a look into the pts.h cPTS::process method,
> > which should take action if outta sync.
> >
> > so now .. the function just evaluates a delta delay of zero ;-),
> > which is good, just to know whatis a zero delay.
> >
> > well - i guess to calculate a real pts diff, we need the video stream
> > as well - and just use the av pts async ..
>
> The problem is: AFAIK if you receive the TS stream of
> the video data of the current channel you loose live TV.

As I understand it you cannot do perfect sync in software because only the
MPEG decoder knows exactly when it displays the video.
We see that it is possible to sync AC3 well enough - I don't use bitstreamout
but I think you are satisfied - but in the end it depends on an initial delay
and counting the audio data that arrives and that is processed, but you can
never know the _exact_ PTS of the video currently displayed?

Marcel