[vdr] Re: bitstreamout-0.48pre3

On Sunday 26 October 2003 11:36, Christian Tramnitz wrote:
> I also have no main menu entry for bitstreamout and noticed some
> problems...

of course .. thx for infos ..

> Generally I like the idea of  *everything* being transmitted via the
> bitstreamout plugin rather then using internal cabling from J2 to
> Spdif-in of the soundcard and another output for analog sound, I'm

well .. that is my intention ;-)

> switching everything through my receiver so it would be perfect to have
> everything being looped through bitstreamout. (Also the internal cabling
> from J2 to spdif-in of the soundcard creates a lot of distortion, I even
> get bad reception, losing some DVB-T channels)

well . i do not know anything about this issue.

> With the dvbplayer patch applied I get sound on all non-DD channels
> which are connected to my Primary card (I have a DVB-C + DVB-T setup)
> but no sound on channels of the second card. Using DD-channels its
> working fine on both cards.

well, dvbplayer uses the PrimaryDevice only !

but replaying recordings with the primary, should be able to
use all audio channels/pids .. even if the recording was done with
your secondary dvb-t.
BUT replaying on the secondary is not currently supported at all AFAIK.

> Could you please also give a short description of the different settings
> you can have for the Plugin?
> I looked through the readme's but couldnt find find anything useful
> regarding Mp2Dither options, VariableIO or MMap...

;-)

Mp2Dither is just another way to decode mp2->pcm - look at mp3 plugin.
so there is not just a rounding of peaks, but a "dithering" of the scale,
AFAIK - should give you better quality.

the other stuff is documented well in README

> (Tuning might be necessary because I noticed delays, resulting in
> non-lip-sync's)

this is a topic todo.
well, thats the reason i started the question:
"dvb_get_delay/timestamp ?" here and in the dvb ML,
but i got no answer yet :-(

we really need to know the delay, or currently timestamp
of video just played to make it lypsync .. sorry,
no solution till the driver does support a way to tell us ..

> Thanks and best regards,
>   Christian

thx, sven