[vdr] Re: Vdradmin & autotimers running wild

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Thomas Koch wrote:

>Am 27.10.2003 um 21:13 schrieb Tom Pfeifer:
>
>>         my $isdst = 1;
>>         my $time = mktime($sec, $min, $hour, $mday, $mon, $year, 0, 0,
>> $isdst);
>>
>> As discussed in the thread "[vdr] Re: vdradmin-problem summertime"
>> this can be fixed by setting
>> my $isdst = 0;
>
>Better:
>
>$isdst = -1;
>
>or
>
>$isdst = (localtime(time)[8]);

...which gives an syntax error. I got something like this to actually
start, but I don't know wether it works:

$isdst = (localtime(time))[8];

Perl has an *interesting* syntax.

--
         Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
                                              -- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather